6.26.2008

A Glimpse of Wisdom

Well I haven't gotten a chance to post the rest of my pictures from Resolved. They are on my computer and edited but I have so much that I want to say about the conference that I want to wait until I have time to tell you all about the amazing teaching! So until then here are some of my favorite quotes from the conference. They will give you a glimpse of just how passionate these guys are about the gospel.

"You will be held accountable in Heaven for what you have heard"

- Steve Lawson

"There are only 2 things that remain in the end:
1. God's Word
2. the souls of men
both of which are where we should put our concentration"

-John Piper

"If you are rightly prepared to die, you will know how to live"

-Rick Holland

"Never be content with you grasp of the gospel."

-Rick Holland

"Jesus is more beautiful than Hell is horrific. Run to Christ!"

-Rick Holland

I know they are a bit short, but if you think about them and listen to the messages they are very powerful words! This is a very small piece of the wisdom poured out over those four days! Whenever someone has asked me how the conference was I have a rush of things the men said that I want to share, but they all come so fast that I can't put it all into words. It's like drinking from a fire hydrant and someone asking you how the water tasted! There are not enough words! The entire week you are so overwhelmed with the preaching and mass of believers around you that your brain can't keep up. I strongly encourage anyone to listen to the messages! The are on the resolved website (resolved.org) Though this conference is for college students, the messages are for applicable to everyone.

Here is one picture from day 4! Obviously touched up a bit on my computer :)

No comments: