2.19.2008

Verse of the Week

Hello again,
I hope you have all had a great week! Mine has been pretty busy! Which is hard for some to understand when they find out I don't have a full time job and I'm not in school, but there has been so much babysitting that, at times like this, it feels like I do! Babysitting has kinda become my full time job! It has become the up side of not going back to school. I have so much "free time" to help out those stay athome mom's that just want a day to themselves! It definitely a win win kind of job.

Anyway, I realize that I have kinda neglected this blog for about a week, but I'm going to try and keep that from happening again!:) So here is this week's verse:

James 4:14
"...yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

This past weekend we had to say goodbye to our youth pastor at church who, with his family, is moving on to bigger and better things. We are sad to see them go but happy they have such a great opportunity before them! Anyway, all four years of high school I was under his teaching. And one of the main things I learned from him was exactly what this verse talks about. He was a constant reminder of just how short life is and how we should glorify God in EVERYTHING we do and not only when we feel like it. Especially when eternity is all that really matters! What good is it to make this life more comfortable when we are only here for a limited time? Eternity in heaven is just that. Forever! So why not make that our goal and life long project? What better goal is there to strive toward? We don't know what tomorrow brings. We don't even know how much longer we have here on earth. Which is all the more reason to strive and make each day count because we never know which one will be our last. Each day we should ask "what is my life? Have I accomplished anything today, yesterday, this week, this month or even this year that has made a mark on eternity? When I get to heaven will God say "Well done my good and faithful servant"? Or will we get to the end and look back only to find disappointment and a lifetime selfishly wasted?

I would definately recommend the book "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. It is and incredible easy read that will help anyone get their life into pirspective. If you haven't read it you should, and if youhave read it... read it again! We can all use the daily reminder.





Have a great week!
:)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks for the reminder! Love you Sis!