3.23.2008

Hola!!

Hello All,
I realized the other day that I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I would take advantage of the free time. Not much to report. My parents are still in Beirut but should be home Tuesday. I have to admit it has been kinda nice just being home alone for a few days but I am getting a little restless with no one around! Once they get back we have about 5 days to catch up and then I leave for Virginia. Followed by a visit from the Knutson Klan. After that things will finally be somewhat back to normal. I am very excited to go though! I get to go with them to the ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby and of course to see all the kids. Angie gets so excited when I come. I feel so privileged to have such great siblings.

I've been thinking a lot about my nieces and nephews this week. Krystal (my photographer friend/boss)is apart of an organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. (nilmdts.org) It's a group of photographers who volunteer to take pictures of babies with birth defects of still born births. Though it is very depressing and sad it is also incredible for the parents of these children. Krystal had one of these shoots this week, and was telling how nervous she was and some about the family. As she was telling me all of this I couldn't help but think how lucky we are to have so many kids in our family and all of (through the grace of God) come out perfectly normal. I can't imagine going through what this family has been through this past week. I don't know if they are believers but if not, hopefully this will be a time that God will use to soften their hearts.

The pictures and stories on the website are amazing. I really makes me thankful that nothing like this has happened but it is also humbling to know that it could. We have been shield and protected in so many ways. And each times I've taken advantage.

Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good for those who are called according to His purpose.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately too. It's amazing how blessed we are when we take the time to stop and think about it! We've been truly blessed with absolutely incredible kids, and God has proved time and time again that he is a miracle worker! I love you! One week from today!! Yeah!