1.23.2008

A verse of the week...

Hello All,

I know it has been a little while since my last post. Sorry about that! I've been thinking about what I could do to be sure I at least get one post in a week if not every few days. So I thought I would start doing a verse of the week. One a week is not nearly enough, but it's a start! In my room I have a dry erase board that is half things I need to remember (b/c I've learned that if I don't write it down I will never remember!) and the other half is some of my favorite verses. Anyway, here is the one for this week. Hopefully, in the future I will remember to do this on Mondays or at least toward the beginning of the week!

Hebrews 13:1
Let brotherly love continue.

A friend, that recently moved, sent me this verse this week in a note. It is a short verse with endless importance. It is a small reminder that with out love we can accomplish nothing in other's spiritual walk. What good is evangelism without love?Evangelism is a form of showing love. You love them enough to tell them what they have been missing out on! The infinite grace of God! When we look at all God has given us it all leads back to how much He unconditionally loves us. The rest of Hebrews 13 goes on to remind us of all those who we should pray for and love other than ourselves!It says to love those who you do not feel led to love, but that God loved us when we didn't deserve it too. So who are we to neglect others from the same pleasure of knowing Christ? What better way to love someone?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I thank God for you! To see your child truely have their own relationship with the Lord and have a desire to share scripture with others is a blessing beyond measure. Considering all the mistakes I have made while raising you and all the times I have failed you, I don't deserve the blessing that you are. So praise be to God for the beautiful woman you are becoming.